Ohhhh man… This album… This is the first album I ever heard by Otto Von Schirach. I saw him back in 2008 when he toured with Venetian Snares. What.a.fuckin’.show! I didn’t know anything about OVS before I saw him live, and I was in no way prepared to have my mind blown like it was. Just to give you an idea what I’m talking about, check out this clip from his 2011 tour with Atari Teenage Riot:
Fucking.amazing! Right?! I was moshing and laughing my ass off simultaneously during this show. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that shit. I was at this show on 4/16/12. Fuckin’ best $15 I’ve ever spent on concert tickets. Who needs this bullshit of paying thousands of dollars to see these ultra popular DJs? I certainly don’t.
Anyway, if you have a taste for bizarre electronic music, you’ll most likely dig this album. I mean, look at the song titles, for fuck’s sake. You know you’re in for a weird ride with this one.
He has released most of his work on the Monkeytown,Ipecac, Schematic and Beta Bodega labels, and was featured in the 2002 documentary Electro-Dziska. Otto’s live performances include outfits, masks, props, and he has toured with many bands, including Skinny Puppy. He is also credited on the Skinny Puppy albums The Greater Wrong Of The Rightand Mythmaker. In 2011 he toured in the U.S.A. with Atari Teenage Riot.
Recently von Schirach has become increasingly involved with the Miami Bass Warriors, a Miami Bass focused project with Jose el Rey, El Tigre and Debbie D from Avenue D. Their debut video, “Going Back to Calle 8,” was featured on Pitbull’s show La Esquina.
He is Currently Working on the Supermeng Movie called “Pineal Warriors”
- 8000 B.C. – 2001
- Escalo Frio – 2001
- Global Speaker Fisting – 2004
- Maxipad Detention – 2006
- Spine Serpents of Sperm Island – 2007
- Oozing Bass Spasms – 2008
- Magic Triangle – 2009
- Supermeng – 2012
- Tektonikal Turbulence – 1998
- El Golpe Avisa – 2001
- Boombonic Plague – 2002
- Pelican Moondance – 2002
- Ear Juice Synthesis – 2002
- Pick Your Perversion – 2006
- Pukology – 2006 Double EP
- Bass Galactica 8 – 2009 – Basshead Records
- Miami Bass Warriors – 3 way single, Que PAsa Mia/Palm Tree SNuff2009
- Evil Twin Ft. Modeselektor – 2012
- Chopped Zombie Fungus – 2002 Collection of the Boombonic Plague, Pelican Moondance and Ear Juice Synthesis EPs
- Armpit Buffet – 2005 Remix Collection
- Also did a cover of Scooter‘s ‘Hyper Hyper’ on the Modeselektor album ‘Happy Birthday!’
- Miss Kittin – “Professional Distortion (Otto von Schirach’s God’s Magnetic Cereal Pamper Mix)”
- Duke Nukem – Im here to kick ass and chew bubble gum , And Im all out of bubble gum.